Posted by Ticketstroom – 27 October 2016
Johannesburg keeps claiming itself to be the capital of music festivals and groove. It is the city that continues to host the greatest of turn up joints in doing so, it surely does keep us on our feet (literally). Festival after festival, Jozi does not disappoint.
This time around; Monte Casino, Marshall Music & Sony ATV bring you JAM JOZI, a massive two day music festival. The event will be celebrating the perfection that South African music is. With the finest of artists who promise to blow the audience away. Gauteng’s premier entertainment destination is set to welcome some of South Africa’s finest local bands, DJ’s and musicians such as Jack Parrow, Matthew Mole, Urban Village, GoodLuck and Mafikizolo.
With a weekend pass of R150 allowing access to over 20 performances, Jam Jozi is destined to become a firm favourite on the events calendar amongst avid lovers of local music.
The lineup looks welcoming, with everything about the festival, set to give you a great time and an unforgettable experience.
Saturday 29 October:
• 10h00: Half n Half (Indie electro musician)
• 11h00: Adelle Nqeto (Afro-infusion musician)
• 12h00: Sutherland (Indie folk band)
• 13h00: Josh Kempen (Modern blues and acoustic pop artist)
• 14h00: Boxer (Box-&-Roll indie crunch band)
• 15h00: Ben Dey and Concrete Lions (Afro/indie pop-rock band)
• 16h00: BCUC (Urban pop band)
• 17h00: Matthew Mole (Urban pop band)
• 18h00: Al-Bairre
• 19h00: Ross Jack (Solo hip hop musician)
• 20h00: The Kiffness (Electronic band)
• 21h00: Chunda Munki (Groove energy band)
Sunday 30 October:
• 10h00: Lilly Million (Urban pop solo musician)
• 11h00: Bad Peter (Acoustic folk rock duo)
• 12h00: Bye Beneco (Eclectic dream-pop band)
• 13h00: Urban Village (Urban pop band)
• 14h00: Rubber Duc (Folk swing band)
• 15h00: Shortstraw (Indie rock band)
• 16h00: Mafikizolo
• 17h00: Jack Parrow
• 18h00: GoodLuck
After all the exhaustion from “oh-so-great-music, it just consumed all my energy”, there will definitely be a place where you can go and refuel to regain all that energy back. There will be a wide range of delicious food from various food trucks at the festival. They will include the likes of: Bearded Fella (pizzas), The Rolling Rooster, The Purple Bull, Real Wraps and many more!
Alternatively, you can take a break from the music to meander down Eat Street, Nosh Lane and Chow Avenue, all within the Monte Casino Outdoor Events area. There you can enjoy a variety of burgers, burritos, sweet treats, beverages and much more. Craft beer breweries at the festival will include Cacao Beer and Agars Brewery who will feature a complete range of their craft beer.
And just when you thought this music festival has only great music and food to offer – you are in for a surprise. Chameleon Ink Airbrush Tattoos will be there, ensuring you get the best ink. So come get brushed! Even more reason to go to be a part of this festival, right?
Make sure to follow the Jam Jozi event page to purchase your tickets and to keep updated on what is to come. Ticketstroom will keep you updated on all there is to know about Jam Jozi, so keep your eyes on our Facebook and Twitter page and on this as well.